- Anti Depressant: This is one of the oldest known medicinal properties of Ylang-Ylang and it comes in its essential oil too. It fights depression and relaxes body and soul, thereby driving away anxiety, sadness etc. It also has an uplifting effect on mood and induces and feeling of joy and hope. It may be an effective treatment for those undergoing nervous breakdown and acute depression after a shock, accident etc.
- Anti Seborrhoeic: Seborrhoea or Seborrhoeic Eczema is a dreaded disease which is caused due to malfunctioning of sebaceous glands resulting in irregular sebum production and consequent infection of the epidermal cells. It looks very ugly as the skin, colored white or pale yellow, dry or greasy, starts peeling off, particularly from the scalp, eyebrows and wherever there are hair follicles. Ylang-Ylang Essential Oil can be beneficial in curing this inflammatory situation and reduce peeling off of skin by regularizing sebum production and treating infection thereof
- Anti Septic: Any wound from cut, abrasion or burn comes with the fear of the wound getting septic from bacterial infection. The fear is doubled when the wound is from an iron object as there remains a chance of it getting infected by tetanus germs. Essential Oil of Ylang-Ylang might help us avoid both septic and tetanus as it inhibits microbial growth and disinfects the wounds. This property of Ylang-Ylang Essential Oil protects your wounds from infections from bacteria, virus and fungus and does not let it go septic. This way it helps it heal quicker too.
- Aphrodisiac: The Essential Oil derived from Ylang-Ylang can really activate that Cupid in couples and can give you a good time. This can be very beneficial for those people who are losing interest in sex due to tremendous work load, professional stress, worries and effects of pollution. The loss of libido or frigidity is an alarmingly growing problem in metropolitan lives. Here, this oil can be a real help.
- Hypotensive: This oil is a very good and effective agent for lowering blood pressure. In a scenario, where high blood pressure is an alarmingly growing problem among young and the old, and the drugs for lowering it having serious adverse side effects on the health, the Ylang-Ylang oil can be a safe refuge. It is natural and has no adverse side effects on health, if taken in prescribed quantities.
- Nervine: The Ylang-Ylang Essential Oil is a health booster for the nerves. It strengthens the nervous system and restores it from damages. Further, it also reduces stress on nerves and protects them. It can also help heal nervous disorders.
- Sedative: This oil sedates or calms nervous afflictions, stress, anger and anxiety and induces a relaxing feeling.
- Other Benefits: It can be used to cure infections in internal organs such as stomach, intestines, colon, urinary tracts etc. It is also good for people suffering from insomnia, fatigue, frigidity and other stress related factors. It is extremely effective in maintaining moisture and oil balance of the skin and takes very good care of it.